Thursday, February 23, 2017

Zelazny: Lord of Light action figures coming this summer

It looks like Super7 will be releasing Lord of Light action figures this summer.

I'm not familiar with Super7, but they have this mission statement on their front page, so I already kind of love them.

WE GREW UP WITH GIANT MONSTERS, COMIC BOOKS, PUNK, SCIENCE FICTION, SKATEBOARDING, ROBOTS & REBELLION.
NO ONE MADE WHAT WE WANTED.
SO WE MADE IT OURSELVES.

Pic from the Fwoosh
I'm less excited than I otherwise would be, because while Jack Kirby gave us the designs for some of the most iconic super-heroes of all time, I don't think the look is right for how I imagine the characters in Lord of Light. I don't see Yama with a big honkin' Galactus helmet on his head.

I'll pick them up, of course, because there is an unaccountable dearth of Zelazny tie-ins. (And like it or not, Jack Kirby is about a billion times more famous than Roger Zelazny, so I think that it will be Kirby's vision for the look of the characters that will eventually come to be remembered.)

No comments:

Post a Comment