Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Roger Zelazny Casting Call: Dara

So, I was trying to think of actors to cast for the movie version of the Merlin books, but I was having no small amount of difficulty. Primarily it's because I perceive the characters as skewing younger than those in the Corwin Chronicles, and as I get older, I become less familiar with the younger actors out there.

However, I also realized that I had failed to cast Dara from the first books, and that's a rather conspicuous omission. What do you guys think of Keira Knightley in the role?

She stood about a dozen paces from me, a tail, slender girl with dark eyes and close-cropped brown hair. She wore a fencing jacket and held a rapier in her right hand, a mask in her left. She was looking at me and laughing. Her teeth were white, even and a trifle long; a band of freckles crossed her small nose and the upper portions of her well-tanned cheeks. There was that air of vitality about her which is attractive in ways different from mere comeliness. Especially, perhaps, when viewed from the vantage of many years. She saluted me with her blade. "En garde, Corwin!" she said.

She's young and pixieish, and very similar to how I imagine the young Dara.


No comments:

Post a Comment