Friday, March 18, 2011

Just a brief amount of random stuff

As the title say, just a brief amount of random stuff.

I love listening to college radio. REM got their start on college stations thirty years ago and I heard a song from their newest album just the other day. I also caught Strange Names by Steve Forbert. It's a song about the strange names of New Jersey towns. As a Jersey native I found it pretty funny.


(If you're reading this on Facebook, you have to click on to "See original post" to see the embedded video.)

This article had an amusing look at the ratio of Republican presidential candidates to ex-wives and the family values party doesn't come out looking too good.  I couldn't help but imagine Milton from Office Space mumbling: "The ratio of people to cake is too big."

We watched The Love Bug, the first of the Herbie movies for our latest Wacky Wednesday, but Lily didn't dig it because it didn't have any princesses. I think her ideal movie would be if Batman teamed up with Scooby Doo and Belle to rescue some princesses.

I'm very disappointed that she's a Batman fan. It's because she likes his costume. She'll say "Batman rules!" and I''ll say "No, Superman rules!" Right now we've got the disc with "World's Finest" episodes where Batman and Superman team up, so we'll see how she likes that.

She's also a huge fan of Tiny Titans. We got a copy at a birthday party a couple months ago, and she just fell in love with it. That's all she ever wants for her bedtime stories anymore, which kind of annoys Jen.

She was very sweet at bed time the other night. Sometimes Jen or I will lay with her as she's falling asleep and she was just sleepily telling me "I love Mommy and Daddy more than anyone in the whole world."

No comments:

Post a Comment