Tuesday, July 13, 2010

My Friends are Awesome: Tim

Since I got myself a real blog last month (http://where-there-had-been-darkness.blogspot.com/ is the address if you're reading this on Facebook) complete with tags and everything, I thought I'd do a series of posts with a theme. The theme is "My friends are awesome" and I'll dedicate a post to one particular friend and explain why he or she is so awesome.

I'll start with my buddy Tim. He introduced me to two of the things I blog about regularly, role-playing and Hong Kong action movies. He's also a big video game and anime enthusiast. I would totally cast him as Scott Pilgrim, which looks like such a great movie! Suffice it to say he shares my nerdery

I think the trait that I admire most about Tim is that like Neil Gaiman, Tim is capable of keeping his mouth shut if he can't say something nice, a skill I've never been able to master. I am completely unable to restrain myself when someone says something I don't like. Hey, that Clash of the Titans movie was crap. I think I'll go on a three thousand word tear about it. God forbid that someone mention something vaguely complimentary about Firefly, because it's the only thing I'm going to talk about for the next three weeks.

More than that is that Tim is genuinely decent guy, a trait that counts for more and more with me as I get older. He works at animal shelter and draws all sorts of cool pictures for their promotional stuff. He's an artist too, you see! We share a sense of humor and I think he's a pretty darn funny guy. He's smart and well informed, and he had the guts to teach English for a year in a country as far from his home as you can be and still be on the planet, something I don't think I'd ever be able to do.

Also, my mom says he's a great kisser. But she says that about all my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment